Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SALLY







SALLY
By: Angel De Anda



“Who's that girl? She's sure fine looking man.” John said to his friend Keith as they waited in line at the local Walmart.
“What the fuck man? Are you blind? She looks like a hobbo that just got run over by a car. What the fuck is she buying anyways?” They both stood on their toes to see what she had in her cart.
She dressed in ragged apparel and sad eyes, carrying a bitter air of acrimony where ever she went, yet her tragic attire did not hide her endless beauty. She looked over at Keith and John and gave them a scornful look with her blue eyes, they stared at each other then turned away.

“You are so beautiful!” she said to them all. All six hundred and sixty six of them. All in bottles. All those bottle in rows on shelfs. All those shelfs in her basement.
“Of all of the things that ever lived, You are the most magnificent creatures. All so flawlessly perfect, never bothered by the thought of death, of the inability to fly, of the uncertain of the future!” She sat down next to her favorite one, Vathan. A Black Widow she kept in a jar in the center of her basement.
“Since Father's accident I've been oh so very sad” She sighed, “ and were running low on the money I inherited from him. I will have to get a job soon, It makes me so depressed that I will no longer have all day to spend with you my love!” Tears ran down as she picked up the bottle that she kept Vathan in. The Spider jumped to the glass and raised her front legs in aggression, sticking it's fangs out. Sally kissed the glass.
“Oh how I wish to marry you Vathan.” She started to sob, “How I wish to marry you and live happily ever after!” She started to sob even harder, “Oh but tis' not proper of me to ask marriage of you, I am the woman and you are the man and that's not the way my father thought me.” Sally kissed the glass once again, “Oh but you do love me don't you?” She kissed the glass a third time and the spider leaped to the walls of its glass prison.
“What are you doing Vathan, my dear?” The spider moved about quickly and skillfully, writing a clear and bold letter.
“ 'I'? You what Vathan? Will you propose to me?” Sally asked in excitement while the spider continued It's weaving.
“ 'I ha'” You have something to say? My love, I will listen.” she smiled gracefully while holding Vathan's bottle in her hands.
“ 'I hate' You hate? What bothers you?” she started to feel a mixture of angst and fear, cold sweat building on her brow.
“ 'I hate you'? You hate me? YOU. HATE. ME?! After all I have done for you? After all of the love I have given you? After all I have loved you? YOU ARE NOT WORTHY OF MY CARING! NOT WORTHY OF MY LOVE!” She yelled in hysteria and smashed the bottle on the ground, killing Vathan and severely wounding her hand. A puddle of blood quickly spread under her as she fell to the ground and sobbed.

“This is my special day! Oh how happy I am!” Sally smiled gracefully at the six hundred and sixty five guests sitting on the pews of the Gothic cathedral. It's gray walls extended endlessly then faded into a black sky where a red full moon shone upon the morbid clouds. Bright stars along with torches on the walls lid the dim room. The red carpet in the middle led to an altar in the front. There on that altar stood an upside down cross, and there, crucified, laid Vathan. There, with a nail through every limb, laid Vathan.
“This is a happy day indeed” Sally said when she saw her heart's malefactor's suffering as its bodily fluids leaking out of the wounds on it's limbs.
“Father this is a very happy day for me. Father, Do wish me well!” Sally said, walking to a white figure on the wall.
On the east wall of that cathedral was a cocoon of spider silk. Everything but a emaciated face was covered in silk. Everything but an emaciated, eyeless, bloody, and beaten face was covered in silk.
“I bless your marriage my daughter, I love you so much and want you to be happy!” the horrific face spoke with the voice of a gentleman, the voice of an angel. A voice that did not belong to that hideous, toothless mouth.
“Thank you Father, I knew you would approve, You have always been so great with me! I dare say your accident was very unfortunate, I'm sure Sathan did not mean to, I am sure!” She said with tears in her eyes.
“So am I Sally, that is why I forgive him, that is why I want you to marry him!” The angelic voice spoke again.
“Me? Marry him? Tis' the happiest day of my life!!” Tear of excitement ran down her face as she extended to kiss the brow of that frightful head.
“Do you like your dress my dear?” Blood spilled from his mouth as he said that last word.
“My dress?” Sally looked down. She was wearing a magnificent dress made of silk. A magnificent dress made of spider silk and orbs. It dragged on the ground almost 5 feet long all spider silks and orbs.
“Oh this dress is so beautiful! How could you afford such a magnificent thing?”
“Everyone of your guests helped to make it, everyone of them made your dream come true.” A tiny spider crawled out of his eye socket and into the silk cocoon as he spoke that last word. Sally walked away from her father and to the altar.
“You are so beautiful! How I love everyone single one of you!” She said to them all. All six hundred and Sixty five of them.
“Sathan, my love. Sathan, my dear, Where art thou?” She asked as she looked about.
“I am here my dear, I will be with you forever!” A angelic voice spoke.
“Oh but you do love me don't you?” she asked with angst
“I do love you Sally, I love you more than anything!” The heavenly voice spoke again.
“You make me so happy!” she smiled.
“I will make you happy forever!” The celestial voice spoke once more.
“I hear your voice but I can't see you, please let me see you!” She cried.
“Sally my love, I am here” The divine voice spoke once again.
“Please show yourself Sathan! I can hear your voice but I can't see you, please show yourself Sathan, I beseech you!”
“SALLY, COME TO ME! SALLY, MY LOVE!!! SALLY!!” A demonic voice replaced that once sweet sound and all turned black.




“Oh what a beautiful dream!” She stood up from the puddle of blood she was laying in, giving the corpse of Vathan a scornful look.
“I lost my two most beloved things in the world all at once! How I wish to be with them...” she started to sob again as she walked around  touching the glass bottles on the shelfs. Abruptly every spider jumped to the glass and started writing in silk letters.
“What are you all doing?” She felt as though something terrible might happen. The spiders continued to weave and in no time a sentence manifested itself in front of Sally. It read;

“We will make your dreams come true,
Let us weave a dress for you.”

“You will do that for me? That makes me so happy! I shall let you out at once so you can get to work!” She smiled and started opening every bottle. Once done, she stood in the middle of her basement and undressed herself.
“This should make your job easier!” she said as she stood naked in the middle of her basement, smiling.
Suddenly, all at once, All six hundred and sixty five of the most magnificent, beautiful, and flawlessly perfect creatures stormed at Sally. They covered every inch of her skin. They bit every inch of her ghostly pale body. For weeks they ate at her. For weeks they weaved her dress. They ate her eyes and laid their eggs. For weeks, Sally's emaciated, eyeless, bloody and beaten face never stopped smiling!


No comments:

Post a Comment